Enlighten Early is a study for a new drug to see if it can resolve mood symptoms and problems with thinking without causing weight gain.
This 20-week study is a chance to become involved in research on a new investigational drug being studied to determine if it helps limit weight gain while treating symptoms of biploar I disorder, schizophrenia, and schizophreniform disorder. See brochure.
To participate, you must:
- be 16 through 40 years old; (male or female)
- have less than 24 weeks of previous treatment with antipsychotic medication
- have less than 4 years since initial onset of symptoms
- agree to use an acceptable method of contraception for duration of study
- meet criteria for a primary diagnosis of bipolar I disorder ,schizophrenia or schizophreniform disorder
- for subjects with bipolar I disorder, they must have been experiencing an episode of acute mania as defined by DSM-5 within the last 14 days prior to Visit 1.
If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the ENLIGHTEN–Early Study Program contact:
Stanford University School of Medicine
401 Quarry Rd. , Stanford, CA 94305
Dr. Ballon, 650-498-8459, firstname.lastname@example.org