The Events Coordinator will be responsible for managing, planning, organizing, and coordinating all events/meeting for the nonprofit, National Alliance for Mental Illness Santa Clara County (NAMI-SCC). This will include overseeing, coordinating and implementing all aspects of NAMI-SCC’s largest marque event, NAMIWalks Silicon Valley, in accordance with the NAMI National Planning Manual. This position will be reporting the Executive Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Events Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
Planning and Organizing
- Plan and organize events in accordance with financial and time restraints
- Perform research in order to gain deep understanding of different requirements and details of each event including appropriate venues, vendors, etc.
- Events will vary from the walk to holiday drive, lunches, celebrations, picnics, etc.
- Be creative! NAMI-SCC is interested in creating new events to raise money and create awareness
- Complete a Social Media Plan with a timeline for all events
- Communicate all event details with committees and staff
- Plan, schedule and organize time lines for all events
- Recruit and work closely with the volunteer committee
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event operations
- Track the overall event expenses on an ongoing basis
- Carefully supervise event preparation activities
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Analyze and evaluate event’s results
- Create and present reports on a regular basis
- Manage a budget for the events
NAMIWalks Silicon Valley (Marque Event)
- Work closely with the assigned National Walk Manager and the National NAMIWalks team
- Collaborates with the walk committee and Executive Director when making decisions regarding the event
- Responsible for procuring Sponsors for the walk
- Develop relationships with various vendors to get in-kind sponsorships
- Recruit and develop volunteer Team Captains for the Walk
- Complete and submit all Walk related reports that are requested from the National NAMIWalks team
- Coordinate all walk planning meetings and order printed materials
- Develop a timeline of all activities for the Walk
- Coordinate and plan the Kick Off Luncheon for Sponsors and Team Captains
- Coordinate all mailings to Sponsors, and Team Captains
- Coordinate all PR related to the Walk
- Maintain complete records related to the Walk including Sponsors and Team Captains
- Motivate Team Captains with frequent communications about fundraising and recruitment
- Coordinate all Walk Day activities · Coordinate post Walk recognition program
- Coordinate all incentive materials for Team Captains and Walkers
- Complete a comprehensive post Walk income/expense report within 8 weeks of the Walk
- Coordinate NAMIWalks sponsor and team captain contacts with other fundraising activities managed by staff and volunteers
- Degree in marketing, program management or related experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a related field
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience in program management, marketing and event planning
- Experience in coordinating, fundraising and online fundraising
- Passion for a nonprofit and mental illness
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media and able to create a plan for each event
- Portfolio of successful events and press releases
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on NAMISCC success
- Team player · Bring creativity and new ideas
- Good time-management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Simple accounting
- Social Media
Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that one’s own behavior and the behavior of others is consistentwith these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
The Events Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of theorganization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization. · Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities; develop a work schedule; monitor progress towards goals; and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Part-time: 30 hours a week
Pay: $25.00 to $27.00 per hour
Position will be in office.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org