Connection is a free, peer-led support group for any adult living with the symptoms of a mental health condition. The meetings are led by nationally trained facilitators who are also living with a mental illness.
This drop-in, free support group ALWAYS meets
- Sundays from 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Mondays from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
To join without a camera call 1-669-900-6833, Zoom meeting number 306 350 970.
No pre-registration is required.
No personal information will be collected.
We get together to:
- To socialize with each other.
- Wrestle with our most pressing, current needs.
- Provide each other with the understanding and empathy.
- Share similarities of our experiences.
- Exchange ideas, resources and information.
- We are here for each other during the bad times.
- And we celebrate the good times!
Whether you are doing well or struggling
Whether you need support or want to provide it
Whether you want to share or listen
If you live with the symptoms of a mental health condition, you are ALWAYS welcome!
If you have any question about this support group:
Call the Warmline Monday through Friday between 10AM and 6 PM: 408-453-0400, option 1
More About NAMI Connection Recovery Support Groups
NAMI’s support groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adults (18+) with mental health conditions
- Led by people with mental health conditions
- 90 minutes long and meets weekly, every other week or monthly (varies by location)
- No specific medical therapy or treatment is endorsed
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you can gain hope and feel a sense of connection. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
What People are Saying
“… People can solve problems [at a NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group]. It isn’t just a bunch of sad stories; people are coming up with solutions and stuff to do for the next week. One of our group attendees is taking her meds and getting herself to her counselor and is just about able to go back to her career in great part due to Connection.”
“NAMI Connection has enabled me to take a good look at my illness and see that I am not alone. The program has given me additional tools to not only accept my illness, but to help others along the way.”
Find a Support Group in Another County
If you are traveling and need support, Find the NAMI Connection support group nearest to you.