Connection is open to all! Drop in for a FREE Zoom session on M/Th/Sun and share what’s bothering you. This isn’t a therapy session, but a place to share your frustrations and socialize in a judgment free zone.
Email: Connection@namisantaclara.org for more information.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for any adult who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by trained leaders who’ve been there. Attendees learn from each others’ experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding.
This drop-in, free support group meets
- Every Sunday from 3:00 – 4:00 pm
- Every Monday from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- Every Thursday from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
There is no preregistration required. The only requirement is that you are someone living with a mental health condition.
* COVID-19 Info: To learn how to participate in our ONLINE Connection support groups during shelter-in-place, click HERE. Remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We WILL get through this together.
If you have any question about the support group, call our Helpline at 408-453-0400, option 1 Mon – Fri 10AM – 6 PM
This support group normally meets at the NAMI Santa Clara County office at1150 South Bascom, Ave, Ste.24, San Jose, CA 95128. We look forward to seeing you back in the office in the future. Please note: This meeting is NOT for students or observers.
More About NAMI Connection Recovery Support Groups
NAMI’s support groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adults (18+) with mental health conditions
- Led by people with mental health conditions
- 90 minutes long and meets weekly, every other week or monthly (varies by location)
- No specific medical therapy or treatment is endorsed
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you can gain hope and feel a sense of connection. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
What People are Saying
“… People can solve problems [at a NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group]. It isn’t just a bunch of sad stories; people are coming up with solutions and stuff to do for the next week. One of our group attendees is taking her meds and getting herself to her counselor and is just about able to go back to her career in great part due to Connection.”
“NAMI Connection has enabled me to take a good look at my illness and see that I am not alone. The program has given me additional tools to not only accept my illness, but to help others along the way.”
Find a Support Group in Another County
If you are traveling and need support, Find the NAMI Connection support group nearest to you.