The CALM Program at UC Berkeley is conducting a study of thoughts, motivation, and self-control among people who have attempted suicide in the past 5 years.
- Between the ages of 18-55 years old
- Able to come to UC Berkeley campus for up to four 1-3 hour visits
- Who have attempted suicide in the past 5 years
- Who are currently sober or not experiencing problems due to alcohol or drugs
- You can earn up to $270 in return for your time.
In order to determine study fit, you will be asked to complete a 1-minute pre-screening survey and a screening phone call which takes between 5 and 30 minutes.
If you are eligible following the phone call we will invite you to participate in 3 paid study sessions. The 1st session is conducted online through Zoom and the following 2 sessions are in-person at UC Berkeley. Participants are compensated $30 per hour and each session lasts between 1 and 3 hours, thus total compensation can be up to $270.